What is the web address of dormitory network system?
How to apply for dormitory network?
Please follow the steps bellow:
- To apply for dormitory network, you must have a Computer Center Sparc account. If you are a freshman, please go tohttps://tarot.cc.ncu.edu.tw/UnixAccount/enableaccount.phpto activate your account. If you are a sophomore or more senior, and you forgot your password or haven’t applied for an account, please bring your student ID card and go to Computer Center Service Desk to apply.
- Please visithttps://uncia.cc.ncu.edu.tw/dormnet/to check whether your dorm has a network administrator, your dormitory won’t be able to provide network without network administrator.
- You need a network adapter that supports 100Mbps or 10 and 100Mbps.
- You also need a Category 5e cable (Cat 5e), telephone line won’t work. The cable should have four twisted pair, and 1.5 to 3 meter long should be enough. You should be able to find one at telecommunication electronics store.
- If your dorm has a network administrator, please go to Cashier Division to buy activation code.
- Please go tohttps://uncia.cc.ncu.edu.tw/dormnet/and click “Login”, after you logged in, click “Personal Info”, fill in your name, student ID, e-mail address and register your personal information. Then, click “Registration” and fill in activation code, MAC address, your dormitory, room number and port number.
- After you finish above steps, those settings will be available at tomorrow morning five o’clock at latest. Please fill in the given IP, default gateway, DNS into your internet settings.(Please refer tohttp://wiki.cc.ncu.edu.tw/wiki/for more details)
How do I request for repair?
Please go tohttps://uncia.cc.ncu.edu.tw/dormnet/and login, after you logged in, click “Repair” in “[User Area]”, then click “報修” button on the right. Please remember to state the circumstances as clearly as possible when request for repair.
How do I change the MAC address I registered in dormitory network?
Please go tohttps://uncia.cc.ncu.edu.tw/dormnet/and login, after you logged in, click “Registration” in “[User Area]”, then go to “Change MAC Address”. The changes will become effective by the next day at latest.
How do I change the dormitory or room number I registered in dormitory network?
Please go tohttps://uncia.cc.ncu.edu.tw/dormnet/and login, after you logged in, click “Registration” in “[User Area]”, then go to “Change room or Port”. The changes will become effective by the next day at latest.
What can I do if my dormitory network flow exceeds limitation due to researching or educating reasons?
If you need extra network flow quota due to researching or educating reasons, please fill in an application form and write down your reason after your advisor or department manager approved, Computer Center will give you extra quota case by case after your application is approved. If the duration of extra quota is less than three days, the application would be approved by section chief of Computer Center. If the duration of the extra quota is more than three days, the application would be approved by director of Computer Center.
How to apply for dormitory network short term user?
How to get IP automatically?
Please refer tohere
How do I find out which room port did I connected?
Please refer to the letter written on LAN slot.
Can I transfer activation code from my account to other account?
You can’t transfer activation code between Computer Center formal accounts; you can only transfer it from short term account to formal account.
When is activation code available for sale?
The followings are details about buying activation code.
- Where to buy: Cashier Division in Administration building.
- Price: NTD$ 800 per code
- When it is available for sale:
First semester: From the beginning of summer vacation to the end of first semester.
Second semester: From the beginning of winter vacation to the end of second semester.
Accurate date will be announced on Computer Center’s official website.
- Expiration date: According to current policy, the activation code bought in first semester expires by the end of winter vacation; the activation code bought in second semester expires by the end of summer vacation.